Sexual & Relationship Violence

Sexual contact with a person, without that person’s consent, is a crime.  Relationship violence includes acts, by a member of a person’s family or household (including those with whom one is having or has had an intimate relationship) that are intended to result in physical harm, injury, sexual assault or a threat that reasonably places the victim in imminent fear of such.  A variety of Texas statutes criminalize acts of sexual and relationship violence, and MSU Texas and its police department take such reports very seriously.  If you have been the victim of sexual or relationship violence:

  • Get to a safe place.
  • Report the offense to the law enforcement agency having jurisdiction where the crime occurred. Filing a report with the MSU Texas Police will not obligate the victim to prosecute, nor will it subject the victim to scrutiny or judgmental opinions from officers.
    • MSU Texas Police Department, 6 Eureka Circle, Wichita Falls, Texas. 24-hour number: 940-397-4239
    • Wichita Falls Police Department, 610 Holliday, Wichita Falls, Texas. 24-hour number: 940-720-5000
    • Wichita County Sheriff’s Office, 900 7th Street, Room #100, Wichita Falls, Texas. 24-hour number: 940-766-8170
  • If you do not wish to immediately involve law enforcement, please seek medical attention. If the assault was of a sexual nature, you can request a free sexual assault forensic exam by calling or going to:
    • United Regional Hospital Emergency Room, 1600 11th Street, Wichita Falls, Texas. 24-hour number: 940-764-7000



Additional Resources

Behavioral Intervention Team – University multi-disciplinary team to address concerning behavior.

First Step, Inc. - Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Services in the Wichita Falls community.

MSU Counseling Center – Counseling services for MSU Texas Students.

Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) – Resources for survivors of sexual assault.

Suicide Hotline:  800-621-8504

Title IX Office - The Title IX Office conducts investigations into possible violations of MSU's Sexual Misconduct Policy, as well as oversees the university's primary prevention and education programming related to sexual assault, interpersonal violence, and sexual harassment.

Vinson Health Center – Student medical and health services.


Crime Victim’s Compensation

Crime Victims’ Compensation (CVC) is a division of the Attorney General’s Office. The program reimburses innocent victims of violent crime for out-of-pocket expenses related to the crime.

CVC is available to off-set expenses reasonably and necessarily incurred for:

  • Medical, counseling, prescription, and rehabilitation services
  • Partial loss of earnings because of a disability resulting from the crime
  • Limited child care for minor children, to enable a victim or spouse of a deceased victim to continue employment
  • Funeral and burial costs
  • Reasonable costs associated with crime scene cleanup
  • Reasonable replacement for clothing, bedding, or other property taken as evidence or rendered unusable because of the investigation
  • Loss of wages and travel reimbursement due to participation in the investigation, prosecutorial, and judicial processes
  • Relocation expenses for certain victims of family violence or sexual violence


If you are a victim in a case that is pending in Wichita County, you may contact the Victim Assistance Coordinator at 940-766-8113.

For more information on applying for Crime Victims’ Compensation visit